Okay, so you've received your water filter, now what! Below you'll find our step-by-step installation instructions for your Maytag UKF8001 Refrigerator Water Filter.
- Remove the foil seal from your new filter.
- (Optional) - Submerge and soak water filter in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Locate the old filter inside the top right side of the refrigerator.
- Press or pull the tab to open the refrigerator filter cover by pulling down; the cover will open at an angle.
- Rotate the filter one-quarter turn counterclockwise until it detaches and pull straight out. You can now discard this filter.
- Insert new filter into the filter compartment so that the threads are aligned at the back.
- Turn the filter clockwise approximately one-quarter turn or until turning stops.
- Press close the filter cover.
- Run water continuously through the refrigerator until 4 gallons has been dispensed.
- Enjoy your fresh tasting water!
Please Note: It isn't necessary to turn off the water supply in order to change the filter. However, if you have any difficulty either removing the old filter or installing the new one, then turning off the water at the valve may help to alleviate pressure in the water line, which could make the process easier. But as stated before, you should not have an issue with leaving it on.
If you have any issues with installing your water filter. Please contact us at ThePurestDrop@gmail.com.
If you are still in need of buying a Maytag UKF8001 compatible water filter, check our ours here!