Okay, so you've received your water filter, now what? Below you'll find our step-by-step installation instructions for your Maytag UKF8001 Refrigerator Water Filter.
- Remove the foil seal from your new filter.
- Submerge and soak water filter in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Twist the old filter a quarter-turn counterclockwise.
- Pull the old filter straight down, the water will shut off automatically.
- Make sure the new filter is filled with water before installation.
- Insert new filter into the filter up into the fridge until it stops
- Turn the filter clockwise approximately one-quarter turn or until turning stops.
- Reset your change filter light (if your refrigerator was one)
- Run water continuously through the refrigerator until 4 gallons have been dispensed. Some noise is not uncommon as air is removed from the system.
- Enjoy your fresh tasting water!
Please Note: It isn't necessary to turn off the water supply in order to change the filter. However, if you have any difficulty either removing the old filter or installing the new one, then turning off the water at the valve may help alleviate pressure in the water line, which could make the process easier. But as stated before, you should not have an issue with leaving it on.
If you have any issues with installing your water filter. Please contact us at ThePurestDrop@gmail.com.
If you are still in need of buying a Maytag UKF8001 compatible water filter, check our ours here!